February 16, 2009

Barbie's 50th Anniversary Show = Amazing

Alright, so Erin Fetherston's collection is great (despite a few less than rave reviews), as is Nicole Miller's, but by far the most fun group of ensembles displayed thus far were those at the FANTASTIC show celebrating Barbie's 50th anniversary. Leave it to Barbie to ignore the drab, boring neutrals of the recession and rock outrageous looks.

My favorite looks below:

1. The Classic Swimsuit:

Seriously, would Barbie have had the cultural impact that she has today were it not for that first iconic look? The shine and pretty cover up modernise the look.


2. The Vintagey Skirt and Blazer:

I love how put-together this look is. Blair Waldorf, anyone?


3. The Gown:
This reminds me of the Butterfly Princess Barbie I had when I was five. She was awesome. Unfortunately, however, my Barbie did not have fantastic see-through gloves to pair with her ensemble.

4. The Ken Tee:
I want this T-shirt. Enough said.



5. The Showgirl Look:
For a slightly wilder take on the black and white striped swimsuit. Props to anyone who can pull this look off.






No comments: