February 26, 2009

Stand Out Show: Missoni

You know that cool, hippy girl who just looks great effortlessly? The girl who piles on the bizarre layers and doesn't look homeless?
It seems that Missoni's muse for Fall/Winter 09/10 was that girl.

The Italian line took its signature knitwear in a new direction, creating interesting pieces like circle scarves and scarf-cardigan hybrids.
And the styling? Fantastic!
Seriously, I dare you to look at the mix of colours and textures and not feel inspired. Muted tones in the same colour family but in all different kinds of fabric seemed to be the name of the game.

This last look is my FAVOURITE. Nudes and neutrals are deceptive. You think they'd be easy to pair together, when really even neon shades are easier to mix. A barrage of bright colours can sometimes be thrown together at random and you just look like you're going for a "Look at me!" hipster kind of look.

But have you ever tried pairing camel and cream?

It's done flawlessly in the look below.


I also love the overlay on the dress. I've always been mad about vintage dresses with a layer of lace on top, so this look is right up my alley.

Oh Missoni.

You done good.

No comments: