March 5, 2009

Spring/Summer 2009 Cheap Picks: The Dresses

For those craving Armani on an American Eagle budget, here are spring and summer 2009's Cheap Picks for dresses.

Under $50:

T-shirt Scarf Dress, Gap, $34.99
How cute is this? I'm normally opposed to one-piece garments that try to create a layered look (read: those annoying sweaters with shirt collars attached) but you'd never guess that this scarf was attached to the dress. And how would you ever find a scarf to coordinate so well with a normal T-shirt dress? (Also: I have a newfound T-shirt dress addiction. I wear my black American Apparel one with everything.)

Tiered Dress, American Eagle, $39.50
I'll admit it, I was a little skeptical about perusing American Eagle's website for dresses. While the store is one of my favorites for stocking up on basics like polos and jeans, I assumed that their dresses would be of the sporty cotton tank dress variety. Who would have guessed that it would have gorgeous cocktail dresses like these? I love it. Very modern-day flapper.

Flirty Striped Dress, American Eagle, $44.50American Eagle strikes again! Although this dress gives off a totally different vibe than the last one, it's absolutely adorable.

Under $100

Colourblock Ponte Dress, Silence & Noise, Urban Outfitters, $58

As much as I love spring dressing, one thing about it that bothers me is that it's not very structured. By the time the end of summer rolls around, you just get sick of wearing floaty, shapeless things all the time (and I love me some floaty, shapeless things). This dress is the perfect combination of structure and fun.

Colourblock Ruffle Dress, Urban Outfitters, $88
Okay, so the top half's a blatant rip-off of that Marc Jacobs dress, but I really like this. The vintage-inspired bottom totally works with it.

Sparrows Tank Dress, MINKPINK, Urban Outfitters, $88
Seriously, this is the perfect dress for lazy, "I have class at 8 am" dressing. Throw it on with some gladiator sandals, toss on a cardigan, and you look completely put-together.

Pictures from store websites.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Wonderful collection of dresses from American Eagle Outfitters... I absolutely love them!! Lovable!!